Thursday, May 20, 2004

 

fbDesk on OpenBSD

I need to learn my way around make and patch so I make a port or something out of what I'm figuring out here.

fbDesk expects to find freetype header files in /usr/X11R6/include/freetype/config/, but they're really in /usr/X11R6/include/freetype2/freetype/config. I made a symlink to remedy that, but I should be able to tell it look in an additional place for include files in the configure script.

Then it can't find libpng because it's not given a compiler flag to look in /usr/local/lib, even though it finds the libpng-config program and all it has to do is run it to get the right compiler flags. Anyway, I went into the src subdirectory and edited the Makefile therein. I changed the line

LIBS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -png etc.

to

LIBS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lX11 -png etc.

Looks like it works okay. Next up: fluxConf.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?