Saturday, May 22, 2004

 

fluxConf and the state of Java on OpenBSD

Once I figured out the intricacies of Makefiles, it was esay to get fluxConf up and running. I went into the Makefile in the src directory and added -I/usr/local/include to the CFLAGS variable that was in there somewhere.

My next task after that was getting the J2ME Wireless Toolkit working. It says on the docs that it requires JDK 1.4 to run. It was right. I had JDK 1.3 running, and the installation file wasn't fooled. One of the Java programs I'm working on needs this stuff, so I gave up. I'm now installing Gentoo. It's been unpacking the portage files for the duration of Tom Petty's "You Don't Know How It Feels" and then some. Gentoo sure has grown since I last used it. And it sure is a bigger hassle to install than OpenBSD.

I'm starting from Stage 3. I don't usually do that. The system runs faster if you start from Stage 1, but I don't want to waste all that time compiling right now. I've got all weekend, and 3 machines running distcc.

Gentoo looks like it has good support for the 802.11g card I bought. Awesome.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?